The overall objective of the project is to enable smallholders to produce diverse and nutritious food by
- Creating awareness about benefits of consuming diversified nutritious farm produce, including fruits, vegetables and tree-based produce, such as flowers, pods, leaves;
- Introducing and accelerating the adoption of suitable agroforestry systems to enhance availability of nutritive food;
- Generating employment and income to support the efforts of the Government of Odisha to reduce in-country migration;
- Assessing the impact of interventions on the availability of nutritive food to support better decision making for scaling up and scaling out; and
- Building the capacity of all stakeholders and strengthening existing, and creating new, structures to sustain the activities and impact of the project.
The project will be implemented on 5000 hectares in Nuapada and Bolangir districts, covering 180 villages in 30 Gram panchayats (local rural governments), reaching 5000 households with an estimated 30,000 men, women and children.