Among the factors for the success of the Ngitili expansion in Shinyanga were:
1) multistakeholders’ engagement and institutional collaborations to leverage resources, knowledge and improve overall efficiency of the actions,
2) long-term investments by financing agencies and long-term commitment by actors,
3) favorable and supportive national and local policy processes,
4) use of local practices and knowledge in the implementation scheme.
5) Ownership of the local community of the processes involved in the restoration efforts