ICRAF’s liaison office in Sri Lanka is located at the University of Peradeniya in Sri Lanka and the program is trying to break barriers to agroforestry development, adaptations and capacity building through national and regional partnerships.
- Maintaining existing good systems, and their characterization.
- Enhancing traditional systems through improved management.
- Diversifying existing good systems through high value trees and crops.
- Identifying policy barriers for up scaling of acceptable agroforestry systems.
- Identifying agroforestry systems contribution to environmental security – impact assessment.
- Regional collaboration and linking national partners.
- Sharing information & transfer of technology.